Tecpro launching innovative Dust Suppression Solutions at AIMEX
Tecpro Australia News Release – June 2011
Tecpro Australia will unveil innovative new dust suppression products for the mining industry on Stand R176 during AIMEX– Asia-Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition 2011, to be held at Sydney’s Olympic Park, Homebush, from September 6-9.
On show for the first time in Australia will be the Elefante and Giraffa fog makers from Italian company Idrotech SrI. They are ideal for suppressing dust which is being generated a long distance away and/or is spread over a large area.
The 2.4m-high Elefante uses a powerful fan to shoot billions of small water droplets into the air and projects them a distance of up to 60 metres. The direction of the plume of mist can be fixed to go in a certain direction or can be set to automatically rotate backwards and forwards through an arc of 340 degrees. The fan diameter is 660 mm.
The droplets are produced by 156 misting nozzles mounted in 3 spray rings on the exit from the fan, and the nozzles can be sized to suit the dust suppression/water requirements of a particular application.
The smaller Giraffa offers the same advantages and is great for suppressing dust or neutralizing odours on mine sites, building sites, and other open spaces, or inside large buildings, Graeme Cooper of Tecpro said.
Depending on the model, the Giraffa can reach a maximum height of 5 metres and can project a plume of spray up to 25 metres. It has a rotation angle of 340 degrees with an elevation range of -20 deg to +45 deg, and uses 64 nozzles mounted in 2 spray rings to produce the mist. The fan diameter is 410 mm.
“Using the Idrotech Fog makers makes it simpler to comply with various environmental requirements as, by suppressing fugitive airborne dust over a large area, they minimise the dispersion of dust to neighbouring areas, thereby reducing dust pollution.”
Two Idrotech product specialists from Europe, Tommaso Gazzignato and Marco Ferrarese, will be on the Tecpro stand at AIMEX. Both are highly experienced with Idrotech’s high-pressure dust suppression products, including the Elefante and Giraffa fog makers and will be ready to discuss visitors’ dust suppression problems.
Tecpro will also use AIMEX to highlight:
- The Idrotech range of high pressure dust suppression misting nozzles and pumps which are suitable for mounting around crushers and conveyor transfer points where minimum water volume is to be used to suppress fugitive dust.
- A lightweight washdown gun – light at 440gm but heavy duty and ergonomic – for all types of cleaning tasks. Has a ½” BSP Swivel inlet.
- A red washdown gun – red rather than conventional blue, with the colour acting as a visual warning for workers that a particular hose is carrying hot water. Has a ½” BSP Swivel inlet.
- The Ramex range of heavy duty, stainless steel, spring retracting hose reels.
- The SIME range of stockpile sprinklers, built to handle the high pressures (>150psi) commonly found in the mining industry.
Tecpro will also feature a unique new dust suppression nozzle assembly at the exhibition. The nozzle assembly, which was scheduled to be launched just before AIMEX, has been developed by Tecpro over a 21/2 year period, with the support of the CSIRO Department of Mining, the Australian Coal Association, and the University of Wollongong.
Founded in 1982, Tecpro Australia specialises in providing technical solutions for dust suppression and spray nozzle problems, as well as spray systems design, consulting, and product supply.
For more info on the expo visit AIMEX – Asia-Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition